Artificial Intelligence and Text Creation
Artificial intelligence (AI) has pushed the boundaries of text creation significantly forward in recent years. To some extent, it has caused a shift in fields such as marketing and PR. Publicists, copywriters, authors, and journalists have tools of unprecedented capabilities at their disposal, which however partially threaten them.
Students write essays in 2 minutes, and teachers acquire tools to recognize AI-generated texts. So, what are the advantages and disadvantages of text creation by artificial intelligence?
Entrusting text creation to artificial intelligence undoubtedly brings many benefits.
The most crucial include:
- high text writing speed,
- almost flawless grammar (even in Czech),
- can inspire during so-called creative block,
- can create engaging stories,
- never repeats word for word,
- can suggest various types of headlines,
- can apply stylistics directly for your need,
- finds the right words.
However, after testing several text creation tools from the "hands" of AI, we encountered the following disadvantages.
Some are quite understandable, others are somewhat more alarming:
- syntax - insufficient ability to form sentences,
- lack of imagination,
- absolute absence of emotions,
- does not use the latest knowledge and information from a given field,
- low level of own creativity,
- can't combine topics,
- some texts repeat and are meaningless.
In our test, for example, we asked the AI how large is the area of the Krusne Hory mountains. Surprisingly, we got three different answers: 6,000, 4,000, or 3,500 square kilometers. The correct answer is the first option.